October 22nd 2009
The number of green certificates traded in October on the Centralized Green Certificate Market (PCCV) amounted to 9,668 units being 2.3 times lower than the previous month, where there were traded 22,578 green certificates.
The closing price was of 215.34 lei/certificate, according to the information carried on the web site of the Energy Marker Operator – OPCOM. In October 21 buying offers were released and 12 selling offers.
Compared to October 2008, the number of green certificates grew by 73.13 percent. Over January-October, as many as 133,832 green certificates were traded on the Centralized Green Certificate Market. Last year, the number of green certificates traded on PCCV amounted to 95,593 units.
Starting December 1, 2006, the Regulations on the organization and functioning of the Green Certificate Market came into force by Order no 22 of the National Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE) of October 18, 2006.
For 2005-2012 the annual minimal and maximal trading value of green certificates is of 24 euros /certificate, respectively 42 euros/certificate, calculated at an exchange rate established by the National Bank of Romania, for the last working day of December of the previous year.
- Over 54,000 green certificates traded on energy market in Q1
- As many as 60,777 green certificates traded on OPCOM, January through May
- Producers of energy from renewable sources, backed with green certificates
- 1.15 mln MWh traded on Bilateral Contracts Centralised Market in 7 months
- UTI Systems to do centralized database for portability of numbers in Romania